Facts and statistics in no particular order.
- New Marathon Personal Best is 2:31:44 at the 2016 Indianapolis Monumental Marathon
- Ran my PR on my 26th marathon at the age of 39!
- My four fastest marathon times were ran in the last two years (2014-2016).
- Boston Marathon
- 6 total Boston Marathons
- Ongoing streak of 5 consecutive Boston's (2012-2016)
- Placed 119th Overall in the 119th edition of the Boston Marathon (2015)
- Placed in the Top 100 in 2012 and 2016.
- 56th Overall in the 2012 scorching heat.
- 90th Overall in 2016; very warm and windy.
- 3rd Place Overall in Boston2BigSur Challenge (2 marathons in 13 days)
- Average marathon time and pace for my 25 marathons is 2:41:39 / 6:10 pace.
- Ran 15 marathons in the 2:30's (between 2:30:00 to 2:39:59), 5 marathons in the 2:40's, 4 marathons in the 2:50s, and 1 marathon over 3:00 (decided to run Honolulu last minute as a fun run while on vacation).
- Ran 12 marathons at sub-6:00 pace or sub-2:37:12.
- 6 marathons with a negative or even split halves. I'm considering Hamburg Marathon an even split race since I was only 1 second slower in the 2nd half.
- 10 marathons were within 1-3 minutes slower in the 2nd half. According to this RunningTrainingTips article, a slight slow down of 1-3 minutes in the 2nd half is considered good marathon pace judgement.
- Ran 6 marathons in Europe: 3 in Germany and 3 in the Netherlands.
- Avg finish time and pace for European marathons is 2:34:53 / 5:55 pace.
- Is European's pavement better than the US for running or are the courses just faster?
- Since 2003 I ran at least one marathon each year except for 2007 (deployment to Iraq).
- I ran 4 marathons 2 or more times - 6 x Boston, 3 x Marine Corps, 2 x Rotterdam, 2 x CIM
- The most marathons I ran in one calendar year is 3 in 2009.
- 5 - # of times I hit the "Wall" in the marathon.
- Marine Corps '03 - what better way to experience the wall than in your 1st marathon.
- Boston '04 - HOT! 2nd hottest Boston Marathon in history at the time. (can't use the heat as an excuse since I ran well in '12 Boston when it was hot again)
- Marine Corps '09 - Ran MCM only 5 weeks after Berlin.
- Boston '14 - you can't expect to run well in Boston if you don't train on hills.
- All-American - cramped badly at 20 miles, but still fought hard for 3rd Place.
- 2:54 at Grandmas Marathon - still decided to run Grandmas after only 4-5 weeks of training; had IT band syndrome that lasted for 8 weeks.