Friday, February 13, 2009

Is this thing on

Sorry that it has been such a long time since I last posted. The motivation to write about my running just wasn't there. In fact, there hasn't been too much to write about anyways. I took an entire week (3rd week of Jan.) off from running as I continued to experience some problems with the right achilles tendon. It was a smart decision and the legs feel much better.

Last Sunday I did a 10k race, actually turned out to be 10.8K, to see where I was at with my fitness. Despite making the same mistake of wearing the wrong shoes, road shoes on a muddy course, the race was a good effort and hurt aerobically, which I really needed. Placed a respective 10th overall in a strong field of Dutch runners.

Due to the inconsistent training and recent injuries over the past 6 weeks, I've decided to skip out in running the Rotterdam Marathon in April. Instead, I'll focus on the shorter distances (5k - 1/2 marathon). I'm looking forward to racing more and hopefully update the list of PRs.

No comments: