Monday, December 27, 2010

Dec 20-26


Mon: 8.2M easy
Tue: 12.5M including 4 x 7' tempo interval (on the mill) w/ 3' rec jog + 3 x 200m w/ 1' rec jog
Wed: 12.7M easy
Thu: 9.7M easy
Fri: 11.5M including 8 x 2.5' w/ 90 sec rec jog;
Sat: 8.2M easy
Sun: 12.5M long run

Weekly Total: 75 miles on 7 runs/7 days
Wasn't the best training week as more snow fell (~18 inches) throughout the week.  My LaSportiva Crosslite became my daily running shoe, except for the tempo interval workout on Tuesday, which I ran on the treadmill.  The 7' tempo intervals felt comfortably hard and good.  On Friday I ran a fartlek workout of 2.5 minutes w/ 90 seconds rec. in horrible conditions. I ran the workout on a bike path that had about a couple inches of snow.  I felt like I was running 5k effort and pace, but certainly not going as fast.  My watch showed that I was running 6min pace.  I'll take it though....it's strength gained in the legs.

No comments: