Friday, October 06, 2006

Big weekend for Army runners


I'm feeling left out. While I'm away and working for the third straight weekend, my running friends are in DC for the Army 10-Miler. In fact, all of my teammates from last year's Army marathon team are running it. It's pretty exciting seeing them run sub-53s & sub-52s. These guys are not WCAP (World Class Athletes Program) runners, like former Army runner Dan Brown & Ryan Kirkpatrick. I can picture them re-uniting with all the other runners from the different Army posts and ready to take the starting line. It's tough to explain the excitement of this annual Army event. Every post-team wants bragging rights of taking home the Commander's Cup.

This morning I ran 12+ miles with 2 sets of 3-2-1’s. I initially had planned to run an easy 10, but I changed my mind about a couple miles into the run. The legs were feeling fairly good, so I thought it would be a good idea to get some leg-turnover. I read of this 3-2-1 workout from Runner’s World magazine. You run 3 minutes fast, 2 minutes recovery, 2 minutes fast, 1 minute recovery, & 1 minute fast. It was a pretty good workout.

Today’s Run: 1:22:37

No comments: