Friday, November 14, 2008

Fact: Sunday's race will be PR

I'm really looking forward to this weekend's 15km race in Nijmegen. The course is supposedly fast despite the hills, hence the name "Seven Hills Loop". The 15km world record of 41:29 was set on this course in 2001 by Kenyan Felix Limo. I predict that Kenenisa Bekele will take over the record on Sunday. I've never raced an actual 15km race, but I plan to treat it as a 10-miler since it's only 800 meters shorter. For some reason, I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself and have high expectations to run well. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because my fall training and racing has gone very well. Maybe it's because I recently set new PRs in the half and full marathon and I'm expecting the same for the 15km distance (well, good or bad race it will be a PR for me). Or maybe it's because I still fill fit coming off of marathon recovery. Whatever it is I hope to have a good race. One thing for sure is that Tuesday's track workout gave me self-confidence that the leg-turnover and fitness is still there. The last three days were just easy running. I did throw in some surges in the run today to wake up the legs.

Here's a motivational video of the Husky ladies getting ready for NCAA West Regionals.

Today's Run: 9.1M @ 6:55 pace
Thurs: 9M @ 6:51 pace
Wed: 4.2M @ 7:06 pace

No comments: