Saturday, January 10, 2009

Painful, but a good run

I don't think I've ever felt so much pain during a run. Pain from the freezing cold that is, not from an injury. It was 8 degrees (F) with clear and sunny skies. I really thought it wouldn't be too bad because the sun was out. I was wrong! Only a mile into the run I began to feel the stinging and numbness in the toes. It only got worse. The toes were frozen for the duration of the run. It probably didn't help that I was wearing a shoe (Brooks Axiom) that is mostly made out of mesh. Despite being miserable from freezing, it was a good training run. I did 10 miles averaging 6:48 pace, best of all the pace felt very comfortable. Things are going well so far.

Today: 10M @ 6:48 pace
Yesterday: 10.1M @ 7:04 pace

1 comment:

MB said...

yep, type of shoes and more importantly is socks. Just be aware of thickness for some of the more winter weight socks for shoe fit. Sounds like your training is coming right along