Thursday, May 21, 2009

Berlin sold out

Luckily, I made an early decision on Berlin and registered when I did, because the marathon sold out as of yesterday, exactly four months prior to race day. It was also announced that Haile Gebrselassie will once again run Berlin and try to break his own marathon world record. Insane!

Interesting stats on my last couple runs. I ran an easy 10 miles yesterday and today; different course/route, but the terrain/elevation about the same. On Wednesday's run, which I ran alone, I averaged 7:07 pace and 150 HR. In today's run, which I ran with my speedy friend Jurgen, I ran almost 4 minutes faster (:22 sec/mile faster) but still averaged the same HR (150). Both runs felt aerobically easy and good. Sometimes I wonder about the human body.

Date

Dist

Time

Pace

Avg HR

20-May

10M

1:11:13

7:07

150

21-May

10M

1:07:30

6:45

150

1 comment:

Judd & Leslie Zimmerman said...

You are insane. Keep runnin :)