Thursday, July 13, 2006

Feeling fit

I love the feeling when my fitness level is high. Every run feels comfortable and easy. As I took off on my run this morning, I could feel my body settle into an easy pace. I hit the first mile just under 7:10 (using the POD). The body was feeling pretty good. I've been using Wednesdays and Fridays as my easy recovery days and I believe it's working very well for me. As the run went on, I was consistently staying in the 6:50 - 6:55 pace range. The plan was to run for a total of 75 minutes - the first 70 minutes at a comfortable easy pace and then the last 5 minutes very fast. I sort of miscalculated the run route, so I ended up running 75 minutes steady and then the last mile in 5:24. It felt great to get some faster leg-turnover in the end. Running a fast last mile after 11 miles of steady running is a good sign of endurance and stamina.

In the late afternoon, I put in an easy 5 miler. It was very hot and humid, which made it easier for me to run at a very easy pace. This is the 2nd time this week that I've put in a 2nd run. Right now I'm sitting at 53 miles for the week. I should easily get in over 70 miles by the end of Sunday's run. My original plan during leave (ends on 23JUL) was to get in a couple of 70+ mile weeks. These will be my highest weekly mileage since my last marathon training.

Today's Run: am: 1:21:24 / pm: 37:00

No comments: