Thursday, June 15, 2006

I'd rather be running

This morning I had to do a ruckmarch with my company, so I don't put in a run. Instead, I put a 50 lb rucksack on my back and force march for 6 miles. The rucksack weighs almost half of my body weight (124 lbs). I don't mind doing ruckmarches, but I'd rather be running. Before the ruckmarch, I decided to use a different set of boots than the one I normally use. This was a bad idea. On my way back from the march I begin to feel hot spots on my toes and heels. Also aside from the blisters, my shoulder blades feel sore and tight. It looks like i'll be taking my Vitamin I (Ibuprofen) over the next few days.

In the early evening I go for a shakeout run in hopes of loosening up any muscle soreness. I take it easy and run about 7:00-7:10 pace.

Today's Run: 36:06

No comments: