Friday, June 16, 2006

A run with "11"

My back feels a bit more tight and sore from yesterday's ruckmarch. It must be because of DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). However, the legs feel just fine. I'm still taking most of the week easy and just putting in the miles. Today I plan to run easy for an hour. I invite my friend Jacky, a fellow Signal company commander, to join me in an easy run. Jacky is also brown skin, skinny and likes to run. Our Signal Battalion Commander gave Jacky and I the name "11". Hope you got it. Inviting Jacky on the run worked out perfectly because it forced me to go easy. We run on the trails talking about our experience in command. About 40 minutes into the run I find myself doing most of the talking. Jacky is still running good but he's having a little trouble talking on the run. I can hear that his breathing rate has increased. We've only been running at about a 7:30 pace, but there are quite a few small hills/inclines on this trail. I wanted to ensure he got a good workout, so I picked up the pace (about 6:30) in the last mile and told him to stay with me. In the end, he got in a good workout and I got in my hour of easy running.

Today's Run: 1:00:03

No comments: