Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Rain or shine..... I chose shine

It's been a long time since I've seen rain that seemed to never stop. This was the case here in NC or the east coast. We accumulated 5 inches of rain due to a passing tropical storm. The rain poured and poured for about 6 straight hours. Sadly, I had a change of command ceremony in the morning and was not able to play in the rain. Rain or shine, lightning and thunderstorm, freezing cold or hot and humid, I'll still be running. Well, it's probably not a smart idea to be running in lightning and thunderstorm. Last week we had a lighting/thunderstorm in the morning and I still ran. I was probably the only stupid person out playing catch me if you can. I remember being soaked like I just came out of the shower. However, it was an awesome feeling when I finished that run. I was also glad that I did made it back safely.

I decided to run in the late afternoon since I had to attend the ceremony. This turned out to be perfect. By the time I started my run (7pm), the skies had cleared up. The roads were dry and the sun was out. I ran comfortable and steady at 6:45-6:55 pace for about 7 1/4 miles. The run felt good and easy.

Today's Run: 49:32

No comments: