Thursday, June 29, 2006

Pace Booster Workout

This morning's workout was a pace booster run with the purpose of elevating my aerobic threshold. It's a 70'/35' - total run is 70 minutes. Warm-up then run at approximately 50-60 seconds slower than 5k pace for 35 minutes, then cool-down. After my warm-up, I hit the track to get the workout on. I can feel that my legs are not fresh because I had just run about 8 3/4 miles 11 hours ago. The goal was to keep the pace steady at 6:05-6:15, while checking my watch only at the mile splits. I ran the first 4 miles in 6:04, 6:03, 6:00, & 6:01. I was quite surprise because the pace felt comfortable and not hard. I ran the last couple miles in 5:55 & 5:53. The meat of the workout was supposed to be 35', but I decided to run the full 6th mile to make it a 6M pace booster run. I feel my aerobic threshold is improving. The workout gave me confidence on my current fitness level.

I went for a 5M shake out run after work. During the run, I thought about the mileage I'd just run over the last 24 hrs. The completion of this run put me at 24 miles in 24 hrs. This may seem a lot, but it's nothing to what my friend Fred was putting in daily when he ran the length of Japan.

Today's Runs: Am - 1:10:54
Pm - 35:57

No comments: